Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Babymoon

Furniture, doctor, and packing!  Oh My!

Things have been a bit hectic today at the Freaney Casa.  We were super excited to have the first round of furniture be delivered for Baby Freaney's room!  After much consideration, we decided to go with Restoration Hardware's nursery furniture.  Not only did we fall in love with the antique feel, we also decided to invest in furniture that this babe will be taking to college with him.  His crib is a 3 in 1, it goes from crib, to toddler bed to a full size headboard.  We purchased the matching nightstand, dresser and a dresser topper (a piece that fits onto the dresser perfectly for a changing table, but will come off and be a normal dresser once we're past poopy diapers.) Today the crib and the nightstand arrived.  Unfortunately the dresser and topper are not scheduled to arrive until late May, fingers crossed for an early delivery (furniture, not babe!)

"Is my brother in there?  That's a nice crate he has." 


Once the crib was set up, we had to hightail it to the doctor's office for our routine checkup.  This wasn't the fun doctor where we get to see baby.  We did hear baby's heart beat (152 beats per a minute, right on track) and I had my finger pricked to check my iron.  Being that I have a gag reflex when it comes to red meat, I'm low and had to be put on a prescription supplement.  Other than that, babe and I got a clean bill of health!

Baby's movements are beginning to be more noticeable, Kevin's even been able to feel a kick or two!  I thought at first that it was going to be really creepy to feel him move, but it's not in the slightest!  It's actually kind of fun.  I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune in a couple months from now when there is a much large babe in there.

Tomorrow Kev and I leave for our last vacation before babe!  We're flying into Orlando, where we'll spend tomorrow at Universal and hang out with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.  Valentine's Day will be spent in Disney World at the Magic Kingdom and finally on Friday we depart on a cruise to the Bahamas with Kevin's family.  We are super excited!

In the meantime, we hope everyone has a lovely Valentine's Day!  




No comments:

Post a Comment