Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Beginning of our Crazy Summer

This summer is going to be a crazy one, we have so many huge events coming up in not only our lives (ohhhh, you know, just a 5 year anniversary TOMORROW!, a first birthday, and a 30th birthday!!!)  but we have some pretty spectacular weddings as well.  We are going to be some busy bees the next few months!!

So, naturally we thought we'd kick the summer off by going to Hilton Head.  Kevin's Aunt Mary and Uncle Tom has a beautiful condo down in HHI and they were kind enough to let us use it for the weekend.  The even better part was that my sister and her husband made the long drive down from Ohio to meet us, and we had the best time!  It's always nice to spend some QT with your family outside of the holidays or family events... So, a big THANK YOU to Aunt Mary and Uncle Tom!  

It was the first time Landon has experienced the ocean, and it was no surprise that he loved everything about it, the water, the waves, the sand and all of the action that every beach has.

Are we there yet?  Because I'm not napping this entire 5 hour drive!

His first encounter with the water. 



Who needs all that water when this water in a bucket is awesome!

HELP!  My mom and aunt are so mean and buried me alive!

Clearly the best part about sand castles is destroying them. 

Nottttt so excited about the slide... however

The swing is always a winner. 

Sisterly love.




All that fun in the sun will wear ya out! 

Swimming with dad and pool side block building leads to...


Just driving home with a few friends in our lap.

I'm also happy to report that since my last blog post (and in HHI) Landon has since learned how to sit himself down once he's stood himself up.  This is a great victory in our house because it was causing a lot of tantrums.

We are still not walking yet, and although I look forward to the day I'm mildly dreading it.  I have a feeling that although we think crawling is bad, walking will be ten times worse!

Last weekend Landon may have had the best day of his life.  We went to the Virgina Highlands art festival where...

Mom gave me strawberry ice-cream, in a cone just my size.

Dad bought me a new fluffy friend.

I took a nap in the car with said friend. 

After nap time I played in Emelia's pool. 

And then, I had the best time flinging myself into a pile of pillows!


Here are some of our other favorite photos since the last blog...

Just pondering life...

I can tuck myself in mom, seriously.

Wait, is this how I'm to bathe from now on??

Chocolate popsicle for the first time (He prefers the strawberry ice-cream.)

Ohhhhh, so this is a water place too???

Just playing in puddles with dad!

And silly time with mom.

Story time for our stuffed friends. 


FINALLY, I'd like to wish my husband a VERY special Happy Anniversary (tomorrow.)  Writing this blog reiterates how fast the past 5 years have gone by and how much we've experienced!  I am one very lucky gal to have you by my side through the thick and the thin, I can't imagine a better partner in crime!


No comments:

Post a Comment