Thursday, January 24, 2013

50 Shades of Grey

We had our own version of 50 shades here at the Freaney household, and no we're not talking about how baby was made...
I always knew I wanted to paint the nursery grey and depending on the sex of the baby we would either do blue or yellow accents.  I didn't realize finding the right shade of grey would be as difficult as it was!  After several trips to Lowes and Sherwin Williams, and five paint samples splattered on the wall later, we found the perfect grey.  The winner:  Wet pavement.  We're going to attempt to paint the room this weekend.  It all depends on how long it takes to tape all the molding in that room.


The five contenders.

The big winner! 

Another project was successfully completed.  The rug runner was installed on the stairs.  We no longer have to worry about falling down the stairs when we have socks on, or freeze and listen to make sure the dog hasn't fallen down the stairs when he's going up and down.  It's amazing how this baby has lit a fire under our tushes and has catapulted us into feverishly finishing projects we've talked about doing for ages.  

As you can see, someone is already enjoying the stairs.  


We also celebrated Kev's 31st birthday (old man!!) this past week.  I have to get my sentimental bit out... it was incredibly heartwarming to celebrate Kev being born 31 years ago, here in Atlanta at Northside Hospital.  The very same hospital that in five months from now, we will have our first son.  Since Baby will be born during baseball season he had to give his dad some Indian onesies so he'll be stylish while watching the games.  

It was way too crazy this week to take a bump picture.  At this point I'm a day away from 19 weeks, so I promise there will be one for 19 weeks on my next blog!  I have been feeling great lately during the day.  It's been the sleeping aspect that I'm beginning to struggle with.  As much as I love snuggle time with my furry son, between him and my ever growing baby bump it's been hard to find a comfortable position.  I broke down and bought a body pillow on Tuesday.  I think last night Vedder and I found a position to sleep in, which everyone one wins.  Lets hope it continues.  

We go back to the doctor next Friday, so we'll have some more ultrasound pictures then!  It'll be an exciting blog, a painted nursery, ultrasound pictures and a bump picture!  :)          



No comments:

Post a Comment