Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Preparing for Baby

I had yet another doctor's appointment yesterday.  Our OBGYN doesn't have an ultrasound machine that wasn't from when the dinosaurs were born so we have doctor's appointments twice a month.  Once with the practice that will deliver baby and once at the place with the amazing ultrasound machines.  At this appointment we just listened to the heart beat (150 bpm, right where it should be) and I had to make a few decisions on when we go to the hospital for delivery.  This was the first appointment Kevin couldn't make so I had to get some fun out of it and I told him I told the doctor I was going for a natural childbirth, in the water and the baby was to not be circumcised.  He didn't believe anything except the circumcision.

We've been getting a lot of questions from people about the name of the baby... yes, we have a name picked out and no, we aren't telling you.  Here is our reasoning:  We have already told you the sex.  There is no element of surprise when baby is born.  Now, when we call you you'll be excited to know the name.  Secondly, as much as we love you all, we don't need to know or hear your opinions.  I don't want to know that our baby's name was the same as your exboyfriend who cheated on you and broke your heart and you'll never recover.  I already have enough name associations of my own which as already limited our name selection that I don't need others.  :) 

The old furniture in the nursery has successfully been put up on craigslist and we have sold a few items.  Now if we could just get rid of the rest...  The desk and the computer are completely downstairs and as much as I thought I would hate it being moved into the living room we both are loving it!  The rug runner for the hardwood stairs has been ordered and is being installed next Thursday.  I cleaned out the closet in the nursery and I can buy baby things and not feel guilty because I have no where to put them! 


I have to say, it does seem weird to have these tiny little outfits hanging in the closet!  There will be a little baby, that belongs to us (Lord help that poor child), in them before we know it! 

Still looking like I love to over indulged at meals.  Can I just get a cute little bump already so I look pregnant and not fat?  I am happy to report I can still wear all my jeans with the help of belly bands, and I do have one pair that even still button!  

Vedder was feeling a little left out in the blog.  He's trying to get all the sleep he can in the next five months, when his world will be turned upside down!  (But still loved as much as he is now.) He also has the "rainy day blues" because apparently we're in monsoon season here.










No comments:

Post a Comment