Friday, July 19, 2013

One Month Old!


I think Mom forgot my sticker Landon, can I have yours?






Happy one month Landon!!  I can hardly believe a month has gone by with this little man. Time is flying by, and seeing all of my friends who are celebrating their little one's first birthdays really make me stop to think that the next 11 months are going to be gone before we know it.  We really need to stop and enjoy these days with this little guy because it'll all go by so fast and we'll be wistfully looking back at these days wishing we could relive them.   

Our child loves to be on the go. I couldn't imagine where he gets that from... If he's in the car, his stroller, or his Bjorn he's a happy camper. I have figured out that the Bjorn is not only amazing when you're out in public and you don't want the burden of the stroller but its also amazing when you have a fussy baby and need to do things around the house. I plop him in the Bjorn and after we happily look around for 15 minutes, he's zonked out and both mommy and baby are happy.  

My days of wearing dangling earrings are officially over.  Landon has developed a serious iron grip.  Hair, neck skin, your nose, they are all in the line of fire and he will grab and pull and it can be rather painful for a baby of his size!  Poor Vedder experienced his iron grip after getting dangerously close to Landon, a hand flew out and grabbed a chunk of Vedder's face fur.  The poor pup just looked at me wide eyed, screaming for help.  After freeing his fur from the iron clasp I gave Vedder so much praise for not lashing out at Landon.    

My sister is currently here and it's been fantastic having someone here with me all the time helping with the little man.  Being the obsessed aunt that she is, she's wanted to do a lot of the feedings and diaper changes which I am very happy to hand over.  It's allowed me to catch up with a few things around the house which makes me feel a lot better.  Grandma Freaney will be here tomorrow which means we can enjoy another 10 days of help, and we will lap it up while we have it!   

I am feeling great!  I'm ready to get back to running and exercise, and to get this baby weight off.  It's time to pack up this maternity gear and pull back out my regular clothes.  I'm hoping that at my 6 week check the doctor gives me the ok to start exercising again! 

I finally downloaded some of the photos off the good camera so I thought I'd share.  I've seriously loaded up on the photos for you so enjoy! 

Right after he was born!













Our first family photo!


He loves to sleep with his left hand out of his swaddle.  




A little morning snuggle time with Aunt Katie and Mom. 




Passed out in his swing. 


Morning snuggle time. 


Chunky cheeks! 




Everyone wants to play with Daddy! 


Thunder buddies for life!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment