Wednesday, July 31, 2013

It Takes a Village... And a Glass of WIne

I can officially say that I understand what the term, it takes a village means...  It truly takes a village to raise a child.  As the last of our family leave, I look back and realize that each of them have helped us tremendously when it came to figuring out our babe.

Landon is becoming more and more alert every day.  It's so much fun watching him develop a personality, explore his surroundings and start to reach developmental milestones.  Watching him discover his mobile for the first time, or seeing him smile more and more each day erases the sleepless night, the fussiness that never seemed as if it would end, and makes being a parent amazing.

We thought surely this child would NEVER get into a sleeping pattern and a routine, everyone told us to hold on hope, that when Landon got to be 6 weeks things would improve.  Well when you're working on 5 hours of sleep, (not straight, we're talking puzzle pieced together here folks) you think they're lying to you.  Well, they were not lying to us thankfully.  As I write this I am surely going to jinx things.  As of recently Landon has gone down at 8:30 and slept straight through until 2:00.  He then sleeps until 5:30.  After his 5:30 feeding the little man doesn't really ever seem to fall back into a deep sleep.  Mostly, if you watch the monitor he lays in his crib and stares at his mobile, looks around, escapes from his swaddle.  As I tattle on him, I will say, that he is perfectly content in his crib entertaining himself until about 8:00.  This morning when I went in, I unswaddled him and he smiled and giggled stretching his arms and legs.

We've gotten ourselves on a good feeding routine, other than at night when we feed him on demand.  It's been nice feeding him on a routine during the day, at about 8:00, 11:30, 3:30 and 7:30.  It makes knowing what to expect and planning your day a lot easier.  I know the time frame it's good to run errands and I can plan ahead of time.  And boy, this child can eat.  We're up to 5-6 ounces each feeding, which for a baby of his age is a lot!

I went to the doctor for my 6 week check up yesterday.  Everything healed beautifully and I was given the green light to start exercise again.  I'm not sure if it makes me happy or if I'm sad I no longer have an excuse to be lazy.  I will be happy to lose this extra weight I'm still carrying around from a certain someone... As I've found out from running my half marathons, I'm a goal oriented exerciser.  Losing the weight just isn't enough motivation for me.  My current game plan is to sign up for the Publix Thanksgiving Half Marathon, as did the other half's I've run it'll give me an end goal and hopefully but Thanksgiving I'll be close to being back to my prebaby weight!  

My feeding companion. 

A little smile! 

Why good morning mommy!

I like to think of Jesus as wearin' a Tuxedo T-shirt, 'cause it says, like, "I want to be formal, but I'm here to party too." I like to party, so I like my Jesus to party.

Slumber partttttaaaa

Please, no autographs now.  

I think I'll hitch a ride.  
The infamous bottle of Napa wine was opened, on our first date night! 

A little adventure to Piedmont Park

Family photo.

I swear, in this picture he's say "Are you sure you wanna change this diaper mom?  I'm warning you..."

This morning's wake up, big smiles at our mobile. 



No comments:

Post a Comment