Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Happy Birthday To Me!

I'm feeling old... I'm 29, my last official year in my 20's.  I'm married, own a house, and had a baby.  Since when did adulthood sneak up on me?  Wasn't it just yesterday I was turning 19 about to head into my sophomore year of college, or 21 enjoying my first alcoholic beverage?  Hey, I'll even take 25, newly married and able to rent a car!  Besides feeling old, I'm feeling incredibly blessed.  I could have never imagine what my life would be like at age 29 had you asked me 10 years ago, but I can tell you I could have never dreamed up this wonderful, wonderful thing I call life.  I'm ready for the adventures my last year youthful year has for me!

I had a wonderful time celebrating my birthday with Landon for the first time.  Of course he, Vedder and Kev made sure I was spoiled.  Landon is sending me to the spa on Saturday to be pampered, which I highly look forward to.  He also made sure Dad picked up a few extra gifts for me as well.  And as our Atlanta tradition, since the first time we've lived here, we went to La Paz for dinner to top the day off.  I am one lucky lady to have 3 sweet boys who spoil me!

I love a cold beer... (No, his lips are not on the glass, just excellent photography skills.)

He was not content in his car seat, he had to be at the table with us. 


We all knew I was certifiably crazy, but I proved it this past Saturday.  I have not run since October.  Between feeling sick in the first trimester, the extreme exhaustion and just plan old feeling uncomfortable when running I haven't laced up my shoes and pounded the pavement.  So clearly, when you haven't run for nearly a year the normal thing to do is to run a 5k, 5 days after the doctor gave me the ok to exercise.  I have to admit I was pretty nervous.  I thought there was no way I would be able to jog more than 5 minutes at a time.  If that.  Not to brag on myself, but I jogged all but about a quarter of a mile, which in my defense was a massive hill.  So between a good friend pushing me along the course, the need to dash from paint being thrown at you and being with hundreds and hundreds of other runners, this gal has gotten her running grove back.

Before.

After


Enough about me, I know you all don't read this blog to hear me ramble on about myself.

Landon is doing great!  At precisely 6 weeks we hit a fussy few days.  I will admit, Kev and I were pulling out our hair and couldn't understand how we were making such great progress with sleep, and had such a happy baby and all of a sudden it all went out the door.  We were losing our minds!  I'm not sure what parents did before the days of google, because when you aren't sleeping at night and you're holding a crying baby the ONLY logical thing to do is to google "fussy baby at 6 weeks."  Although it didn't make Landon stop crying, it was reassuring that at week 6 through week 8 babies hit the peak of their fussiness.  Some babies it lasts a few days and some the full 2 weeks.  We were fortunate enough that we only had a few days, and we're back to our happy, sleeping babe.  Thank goodness!!

Watching Landon grow and change each day is truly amazing.  He's such a happy baby and to watch him discover something for the first time, and watch his face light up is heart warming.  There's nothing like stumbling into his room at 3:00 in the morning to feed him and you're greeted with a giant grin and a baby so happy to see you.  He loves watching things above him, his mobile, the toys on his activity mat or his all time favorite, and strangest, a good ol' ceiling fan.  He also finds himself to be quite the comedian, and will giggle before you change a poopy diaper or after he passes gas on you, or even better poops on you.  We are constantly all laughing with him.

Puppy brother is doing well!  He still pretends to be indifferent, however, at the first cry that dog will stop whatever mischief he's getting into and runs to make sure Landon is ok.

This babe is a lot of work.

Somewhat of a snuggle time.  


Singing to the babe, I'm not sure if he just really loves Florence and the Machine or if he was laughing at me singing. 


To infinity and beyond!


Those ceiling fans get me every time!

I am just stunned!


They're a snake in your boots.

You're HOW OLD mom?

Touring Sweetwater Brewery.  Breaking him in for college early.

Dancing with Dad. 



No comments:

Post a Comment