Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Letter to Vedder

My Dear Vedder,

I know things in the house are a bit crazy lately and thank you so much for being such a trooper. I promise things will eventually be less chaotic. In the meantime I hope my letter eases your mind.  

Yes, I know he cries, a lot. I'm sorry that sometimes there isn't much daddy and I can do to console him. Unfortunately we can't give him a treat from the pantry to make him feel better, I know it works that way for you, and believe me I wished it worked that way for him too.

I'm so sorry that he always leaves the house with us, while you have to stay home. I know you feel a little left out, however if I were you I'd bask in the glory of having your brother gone and the house nice and peaceful. Take a nap, enjoy some quite people watching out the windows, chew on a good bully stick, all with the luxury of not being interrupted. Believe me, daddy and I would love to do the same thing.  (Maybe not the bully stick one though...) 

I'm sorry you think every time the water goes on in Landon's bathroom that you are the unfortunate one being cleaned. I know you feel your brothers pain when he's crying in the tub. I do believe its the only time you truly relate to him.  You should try coming into the bathroom during his bath time to see it's not you we're after, you might even enjoy watching him being "tortured" in the tub.  

I love that your so willing to share your toys with Landon and you try so hard to get him to play with you. He hasn't quite gotten the whole playing fetch with you down yet, I promise we'll work on that.  I'll have daddy work on that "trick" here soon. I know it's hard for you to understand why if you're so willing to share your toys why he can't share his. Unfortunately you aren't very gentle with your toys and Landon would be pretty sad if you tore the stuffing out of his favorite stuffed doggie.  I'm sure one day he'll share though, and you two can create a war zone of toys.  

No, Landon will not share his food with you. I am not pumping enough milk for you too. You're 6. You've advanced to a diet of solids now. I do however apologize in advance, because once he starts crawling I'm sure he'll find your food bowl rather intriguing. Although, you hate your food so I'm sure you'll just let him chow down, all while thinking "suckaaaa."  I'm assuming after you watch him eat your dry, bland pellets, you'll kick the pantry and pretend it was you so you could get a treat.  And just wait, once he's old enough to eat Cheerios, and solid foods, I'm sure he'll find it rather hilarious to toss you a few bites, or his whole tray of food, which you will delight in.  

Yes your brother always has to come on walks with us. There are these people called social workers, and if we leave him at home to go on a leisurely walk, mommy will be locked in a crate for a long time.  I know you understand not wanting to be locked in a crate for a long period of time.  Plus, I'm the one who always caves into giving you bites off my plate, and we all know you don't want that to stop.  

I know these past couple months have been not your favorite. Hang in there little guy. I promise you one day you're going to love that little boy more than anything, and you are going to be his entire universe. I promise he'll insist on you sleeping with him at night to scare off the monsters under his bed, that you make an excellent horse when playing cowboys, that it's essential you ride around the park in his wagon and he'll cry uncontrollably when we have to leave you at Grandma Jill's for a vacation. So I know it's tough now little guy, but hang in there. I promise it'll all be worth it.

We all love you so much,
Mom, Dad, and Landon



No comments:

Post a Comment