Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My Fifth/First Mother's Day

I had a lovely Mother's Day but let me clarify something for poor Vedder.  I've been celebrating Mother's Day for 5 years now.  Just because our furry child was adopted does not mean that I am not a mother to him and he is offended that people just now recognize me as a mom-to-be, (although I was a tad bit more spoiled this year due to the fact that I am pregnant with his little brother.)  Kev made my first Mother's Day with a human baby (due soon) special.  He apparently was listening to me talk about a necklace that I loved from work and surprised me with it Sunday.    

Kev and I were very successful on our hunt for art for the nursery.  After struggling to find things online that we liked (and weren't a fortune) I had a brilliant idea to go to Hobby Lobby.  I was promptly scolded by Kev for never taking him there and not only did we find what we wanted in mass quantities we actually had to pick what we had room for and what we needed.  It also happened to be our lucky day and there was a 50% off all art sale!  We left feeling like we hit the lotto; now our next project is to hang all these treasures!

Alright folks, we're getting down to the final count down.  I'm taking a little poll, when do you think Baby Freaney will make his grand debut?  His official due date is June 20/21st (for some reason we've always been given two days for his due date, I just choose to go with the 20th because it was one less day I have to think about being pregnant.)  Pick a date, let me know when you think he'll be here and I'll compile a list and we can see who the big winner is.  I'll post everyone's choices on the next blog so you can keep track of who you're in competition with.

Kev has called June 12th.  
I'm calling June 16th.  


I was really hoping to not have to be one of those unlucky few whose finger no longer allow her to wear her wedding rings.  I am now officially ringless, 34 weeks pregnant, and being that I was carded to buy a lotto ticket the other day, a camera crew away from thinking I'm another knocked up teenager on 16 and Pregnant. Not only am I feeling like I have conceived a child out of wedlock, my hand feels so naked without my sparkly baubles!  I'm on a mission to now find at least a fun silver band to wear so I don't feel so naked (and reassure people I am married.)

Now that I'm nearing the end of this pregnancy I wanted to give someone very deserving a very special shout out in the blog.  I am incredibly lucky to not only have married my best friend, but someone who is kind, caring and considerate.  I can only hope that Baby Freaney turns out to be half as wonderful as his father.  As you've probably picked up throughout the blog I don't particularly love being pregnant and having a husband who has been so patient and will listen to me moan and groan without ever getting annoyed, always puts me and my needs first, and will go out of his way to not only make me feel beautiful (in my giant state) but like I'm the most special person in the world has made all the difference.  Although I won't miss being pregnant, I will miss this special treatment I have been getting.

I find that my new Mother's Day necklace detracts attention from my other accessory, the ever growing baby bump. 

We clearly had to test the Baby Bjorn out with the dog.  Up next: the stroller.  


No comments:

Post a Comment