Thursday, May 9, 2013

Club Uterus

I had my follow up appointment for my gestational diabetes this past Friday, and I got two thumbs up.  What was supposed to be a 30 minute appointment, was only 5 minutes.  The front desk lady said she's never seen anyone come out of there so fast! All of my blood sugar readings were well below what they could be and because of that I can continue on the original diet and meal plan!  I've got the diet portion down pat, but the weekend eating is still proving to be difficult, especially when going to parties where I can't control what's going to be served.  It's a lot of planning ahead and being prepared, which thankfully is one of my strengths!

My regular doctor's appointment was on Tuesday and I got two thumbs up.  The doctor said that everything looked great, my blood pressure, the baby's heart beat and my fundal measurement.   And thanks to my diabetes diet, I am down a pound from the last visit.  My first question, of course was is it okay that I'm loosing weight at this point and not gaining?  And he said absolutely!  Maybe I've changed my mind about this diabeetus.  I'll pop this babe out and be ready for the runway!  I think I hear Victoria's Secret calling my phone right now...  

Kev and I were able to cross another thing off our dwindling to do list.  We visited the hospital where in a few short weeks Baby Freaney will be born!  It was definitely a good idea to visit it before we went into labor and had NO earthly idea of where the hell to go and what to do.  Not that we couldn't figure it out, but when you're in full on panic mode because someone is ready to make his grand appearance the last thing you want to do is wonder where to park the car and check in.  We also got to see a delivery room and a room where we'd be staying after the delivery.  We even got to see some newborns in the nursery all wrapped up like burritos, which made the two of us even more anxious to meet our little guy!

I went today to have another ultrasound to see if Baby Freaney has flipped.  Thankfully he is head down and in position to make his entrance!  The doctor said everything looked incredibly healthy and now because of the diet the baby's weight is starting to even out with where it should be.  No more 15 pound baby for this lady!  We'll go back one more time for an ultrasound in 3 weeks to just check his weight and position.

I'm still feeling good.  This babe is becoming VERY active in "Club Uterus."  He and his little dance parties need to take it down a level. I'm experiencing the usual blahs of the third trimester.  It's getting harder and harder to bend over, get out of bed, sit up, and by the end of the day I'm usually worn out from caring this free loader around.  But other than that all is well!  

This weekend's goal is to find some art for this babe's bedroom.  All we have thus far is the scrabble letters, which if I were a baby, would find quite boring to look at.  We're not trying to go super baby in his room, we're thinking more vintage so that once again he can grow into what's already there.  Until of course he's in middle school and too cool for what we picked out and he's hanging band posters in his room (like his father did in college, of creepy looking bands.)  We have some places in mind to check out, fingers crossed we find something!



This getting ready for a baby is exhausting.  

Getting ready to head out to a Derby party.  Looking ever so stylish in our hats.  


I'll be here before you know it!  





No comments:

Post a Comment