Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Diabeetus

I'm a few days into my gestational diabetes diet and so far, this is how I currently feel about it...
(Thank you Ashley for this amazing picture.) 


I'm not normally someone who pines after cake, cookies and sweets.  Kevin is the one with the sweet tooth in our family.  However, it's the age old "You want what you can't have."  So in lieu of sending flowers to the delivery room, I request you send cakes, cookies, and pastries.  Normally, when you're bummed about something you pour yourself a nice glass of wine and the world is magically a better place.  I can't have that.  My second choice to wine would be a little retail therapy, but I don't want to buy another maternity item and I just want to fit into normal clothes again so that cancels that out.  I think I will simply have to resort to manicures, pedicures and massages for the next 8 weeks to ease the pain of being on this diet.  In all truthfulness, the diet part is not what's terrible.  The charts they gave me in my class break down everything so it's super easy to know the portion sizes of what to eat.  The weekends are where things get difficult, when you want to get out of the house and go out to dinner but it's a lot harder to control the portion sizes and find items on the menu that are both appealing and fit within the restraints.  The other pain is trying to map out the mandatory snacks and meals so that nothing is within two hours of each other (or more than four hours apart.)  So now I have to know what time I'll be eating dinner every night and then map out the rest of my day's worth of food.

A very special pup had his 6th birthday on Friday and he was in hog heaven.  He was quite spoiled with lots of presents of treats and toys (one toy which has already bit the dust) and I even made him his very own birthday cake.  Yes, I baked the pup a birthday cake and yes, it's healthy for pups.

Just like his dad, going straight for the icing. 


The correct dresser was delivered on Saturday and it makes the room seem complete.  I'm so glad that the whole dresser drama is over and we can start organizing and putting things away in it!  I'll be considered full term at 37 weeks, which would be May 31st, so our goal is to have things complete before then!

Finally, a matching set!


Kev and I have been waiting for months to go to the Inman Park Art Festival so that we could scout out some cute things for his walls.  Unfortunately because of the forecast for rain on Sunday it was jam packed on Saturday.  It made it a bit difficult to see everything, but we did score one super cute piece for his room.  It's Scrabble letters that spell out the babe's name, so I'm sorry to say I cannot share the full picture of it until after he's born!  Butttt, here's a little sneak peak...


For the most part I've been feeling good!  I'm growing more and more uncomfortable as one would expect.  Since Baby Freaney is running out of room in his loft apartment, his movements can be borderline painful.  I just keep reminding myself that his lease is about to run out, and this landlord will be evicting him soon enough!

Next Tuesday we go back for a regular doctor's appointment, and then on next Thursday we go to the ultrasound doctor to see if this babe has switched positions and is facing downward and to see how much he's grown.  From the movements and how it feels, I'd say he's still in a transverse breech position.  He's just a little too comfy in there!


The giant belly!  





No comments:

Post a Comment