Tuesday, April 9, 2013

10 Weeks To Go!

So many things have happened in the Freaney household in the past week.  Where to even begin!

We went to the doctor today to get our regular check up.  The good news was baby Freaney's heartbeat is where it should be and my blood pressure was good!  The bad news was I failed the one hour glucose test and I have to go back and do the three hour test next week.  I was pretty upset, but I know I'm not the only one to fail the first test!  Fingers crossed that everything goes ok next week!

My wonderful boss threw me a shower on Sunday and it was far more than I could have ever asked for.  Everything was absolutely perfect, she went above and beyond.  I feel so lucky to have someone like her in my life, who thinks so fondly of me that she'd throw such an amazing party in my honor.  Kev and I were both overwhelmed with emotions at the level of generosity and kindness our friends and family showed us with their amazing, thoughtful gifts.  Baby Freaney is seriously one lucky babe, and will be coming into this world well loved.  Below is a link to see more pictures from the shower, my lovely friend Gina was kind enough to be the photographer for the day!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0EbtWLRw4Zs3UA

I've been growing increasing uncomfortable.  Pregnancy is not fun, I really think reptiles and birds have figured it out, laying eggs and all.  I wish I could lay an egg and give Kevin half the responsibility of helping incubating this babe of ours.  So I will now take this time to complain and get it out of my system.  My restless leg syndrome is still a nightly occurrence and no matter what I try or do to help alleviate the discomfort nothing seems to work.  No matter how tired I am my legs are ready to go run the Boston marathon (and at the rate they're twitching and moving I think we'd win.)  Ingestion has began to rear it's ugly head.  Fortunately it's not a nightly occurrence.  Unfortunately when I do have it, it's really bad acid reflux, to the point where I can't sleep I'm so uncomfortable (don't forget to add in that restless leg syndrome!!) Apparently, just like his father, Baby Freaney sits up very high and because of that the top part of my stomach is in so much pain.  If someone could send this child a memo to move his tush down to the spacious midsection of my uterus I'd be grateful.  My back is still throbbing by the end of the night, I'm thinking I should self prescribe more often massages.

I think I'm beginning to get that "nesting" feeling. At least I think that's what the constant feeling of needing to do something is. I can't sit down and watch TV without feeling like I should be doing approximately one million things.  (Exactly what those things are I'm not sure...)  Maybe it's nesting or maybe it's the fact that Kev and I really need to get our tushes moving on the nursery and getting this house prepped for this babe, who could be here in about two months!  Eekkkk.

The another piece of the furniture has arrived.  The big comfy chair came on Thursday, and it was promptly tested out by Baby Freaney's big brother.  I am happy to report Vedder gave it two paws up.  The dresser/changing table was supposed to be delivered but unfortunately they sent the wrong color to the delivery service.  It's turning into quite the nightmare, being that they don't expect another shipment of these dressers in until the end of May, making our estimated delivery time mid-June.  We are trying to plead our case to Restoration Hardware to do what they need to do to get this piece of furniture to us before June.  

There is lots of excitement coming up in the world of babe!  We go to the ultrasound doctor on Thursday to see what position Baby Freaney is in and get an estimate on what he's currently weighing in at.  Then we're off to Ohio on Friday for the baby shower my beautiful sister is throwing me!!

And baby makes 4. 


Well of course Vedder got a present! 


 
Two paws up mom! 









No comments:

Post a Comment