Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Our Little Chunky Monkey...

I had my glucose test today. I was dreading it for days, I even had a nightmare about it last night.  I don't do well when I'm hungry (I could be on a snicker's commercial), and I don't do well with having my blood drawn so I thought combining the two would be an epic nightmare. I felt a bit woozy off and on from the blood and lack of food, but I survived!  I went well prepared with things to keep me from being bored, although the Cooking Light magazine probably wasn't a good choice.  Pictures of delicious food while hungry was pure self torture, and made those rumbles in my stomach even worse.  I should find out the results of the test in a couple days, so both my and Baby Freaney's fingers and toes are crossed that I pass!

We went to the ultra sound doctor this past Thursday and got to see Baby Freaney! At this point babies are practicing breathing so that when they're born their lungs are strong enough to take breathes. So we got to see him taking his practice breathes and his little body move up and down.  We also got a great view of the front of his face and we watched him blink and open his mouth!  Getting to see him do all those things made his arrival seem so real!  The doctor said he is a happy, healthy baby and maybe that has something to do with the fact that he's currently measuring at 3 pounds and 13 ounces. A whopping 13 ounces over what he should be.  I would be happy if I could be plump and it didn't matter!  Although someone needs to lay off the chow, because I'm not pushing out a 12 pound babe!

We traveled to Ohio this past weekend for my baby shower. My sister, and family did a wonderful job, and I had a great time. It's always nice to see people you don't get to see often.  Baby Freaney has some very generous family and is going to be a well dressed stud now!  Watch out ladies!  We ended up packing all of his clothes in a carry on and those tiny little outfits filled the whole thing!  I was seriously worried that if TSA opened either of our carry ons, clothes were going to fly all over the airport.  

Since Kev refuses to hold a baby and knows only how to care for a furry child with four legs, we will be attending a baby basics class at the hospital this Saturday.  It's a 3 hour class that teaches you things like how to bathe a baby, change a diaper, and hold him.  All of which seem pretty important for Kev to know before someone makes their grand arrival!  

We also are going to buckle down this weekend and get working on this babes room!  Being that we haven't done much, we have a quite a bit to do! Ill keep you posted with pictures once we get moving on it!  

Future Cleveland Brown linebacker.

Front view of Baby's face, you can see his open eyes! 

The ADORABLE cake my sister made for "The Mom to Bee."

Me, Baby, and Grandmas! 

How do I get one of those balls off that hanging thing???  




No comments:

Post a Comment