Saturday, June 8, 2013

Cocktails on Ice

Here I am in all my pregnant glory.  

I spoke with the doctor Friday about whether or not I would be induced next week.  They are going to make the final call about an induction this upcoming Tuesday.  As of this past Tuesday my cervix was not ready for labor and if they were to induce me, the induction would most likely fail, which would lead to a c-section.  Obviously a lot could happen in a week (hey, I could even go into labor on my own between now and then!)  I was hoping I could jot down "Induction" in my planner and have it all mapped out, like my overly planning personality would prefer, but I guess we'll just wait and see!

Everyone toasts a new baby with a glass of champagne (or two, or three...) and surely Kevin and I can't break the tradition.  However, there is something special to us about this particular bottle of champagne that we will be toasting with.  During our wine drinking extravaganza in Napa (or a three day bender as some might call it) Kevin and I started our final day of tastings at promptly 10:00 am at a vineyard that made champagne.  While we boozed away in the sun, we laughed saying "What if I'm pregnant right now?" thinking surely I wasn't.  We loved the champagne, and picked out our favorite one to bring home.  A few days after we got home from Napa, we found out we were pregnant.  That bottle of champagne has been taunting me since October, and soon we will be able to drink it!

Here is the glorious bottle, now chilling in the fridge.  I hope Kevin doesn't want more than one glass of this... I think I've earned the rest of the bottle. 

For the most part I've been feeling pretty good.  I have a small linebacker in my stomach that enjoys the night hours, and whether I feel like partaking or not, has a dance party every night in my uterus.  It can be incredibly uncomfortable to have an 8 pound baby dancing in your stomach.  Other than that, I have plenty of energy during the day and still am walking this pup at least 2 miles a day.  

I assume that it has gone without having to say it, but any and all friends and family near and far are welcome to visit.  We have an lovely guest room, a guest bathroom and soon an adorable babe that would love to be held, cooed and spoiled rotten with attention.  So please, if you want to visit, give us a call and we can iron out dates! 

I was promptly scolded after I published my last blog, a certain furry someone was NOT happy that he was not mentioned in the blog.  I reassured him that it would NEVER happen again.  

Is this what I have to take a bath in from now on? 

You forgot to mention me in the blog?  You should be ashamed to call yourself a mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment