Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Induction Day Set!

This unruly tenant of mine has been given his final notice.  He has been asked to vacate the premise and if he can't do that on his own by June 18th, then we're bringing in the authorities and they'll be evicting him.

I went in for my weekly check up this morning.  My cervix is still not ready for labor, and because of that I had two options for my induction.  My first choice was to go ahead and try to be induced on Friday and hope that it doesn't result in a fail, in which case I would have a c-section.  My second option was to wait it out until Tuesday, hope that by giving myself a few extra days my cervix will be ready and the induction will be successful.  I obviously would prefer to meet this babe sooner than later and not have him get any bigger than he already is, however I think I'd prefer a little bit bigger babe over a c-section.  Obviously I could still have a failed induction on Tuesday, and end up with a c-section regardless but the doctor doesn't want me going any later than Tuesday.  There is still the obvious chance that I could go into labor on my own between now and then.    

With all that being said I'd like to say, I've very sorry, to you cruel people who had me going past my due date, you are out of the running to win this competition.  These folks are still in the running for guessing the right birthday...

Kev - June 12th (doubtful)
Uncle Karl - June 13th
Aunt Sis- June 14th
Jen Z. and myself - June 16th
Mal - June 17th
Jason R. - June 18th


I think I'll sleep until the baby gets here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment