Friday, June 28, 2013

One Week Home... AKA One Week Without Sleep

Things here at the Freaney household are finally starting to calm down, which really translates into we're finally starting (sorta) to get this guy on a sleeping schedule at night.

As much as we were itching to get out of the hospital last week, once these nights roll around I think we're singing a different song.  Why was it that we wanted to escape so badly, when all we had to do was roll his screaming body down to the nursery and we could sleep?

We have started to get Landon into a sleep routine at night.  Sometimes he follows along, sometimes he doesn't.  I think it's mostly for our benefit.  Last night he decided that during Daddy's feeding time he was going to scream bloody murder for no reason for 3.5 hours.  Poor Kev was a serious champ and dealt with it the whole time so I could sleep.  A good friend gave us the book Mom's On Call, and we're going to try and follow that user's manual on how to get your baby to sleep through the night.  We're getting there, one step at a time!

Vedder is getting more and more curious about the baby.  We haven't officially given the seal of approval with a big sloppy kiss, but we're getting close.

I'm feeling pretty good.  I have slowly been easing myself into normal life with tiny walks with the family and doing things around the house.  I'm such a busy body that this sitting in the house and doing nothing can really drive me up the wall.  Thankfully now that my mom is here she can watch the babe while Kev and I take exciting field trips out of the house, like going to target and the grocery store.

On Monday we went to have Landon's newborn photos taken, I cannot wait to get the rest of the photos, they are going to be adorable.  During the photo shoot the babe was naked the entire time, and of course the photos of us as a family were at the end of the two hour shoot.  We were both so afraid that at some point Landon was going to poop or pee on one of us, after two hours of nothing we were sure it was bound to happen.  Thankfully, he decided to be kind and waited until after a diaper was put on his tush.

Here's the link to the sneak peak of his pictures...

http://tinytushphotography.com/atlanta-newborn-baby-child-infant-maternity-photographer-newborn-landon-newborn/


Here are some adorable pictures of my two boys...

A little family time on the couch.  

My first bath!  

Puppy towel! 

One of my new favorite pictures. 

A little play time! 

Being a puppy brother is hard work.  Naps are needed often. 














No comments:

Post a Comment